Saturday, December 30, 2006

Incense (prayer)...
[Exodus 30:1-9]



And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne Rev 8:3

And you shall put it in front of the veil that is above the ark of the testimony, in front of the mercy seat that is above the testimony, where I will meet with you. Exo 30:6

This verse from the sacred Torah is God's direction to Moses where to put the Altar of incense. The incense Altar was to go directly in front of the mercy seat much the same way we stand in front of the throne of grace when we pray.

and when Aaron sets up the lamps at twilight, he shall burn it, a regular incense offering before the LORD throughout your generations. Exo 30:8

A regular incense offering means constant prayer to us. The Holy Spirit revealed this to me a while back. It has slowly began to impress itself into my conscience. My fault. God wanted me to understand this a couple of months ago; but the urge grew slowly(undoubtedly my fault). God has drawn my best friend and I into a new revival in our prayer life. Not only that, he is already answering our prayers in ways that can't be denied. We got the first confirmation today. God is stirring up people's hearts for prayer! I got the second confirmation tonight. I love you Lord! Halleluia (it is also spelled by some Hallelujah:inside joke to a friend; )

1 comment:

Mary said...

Silly Johnny. I looked it up on dictionary.com